Thursday, March 17, 2011

God Doesn't Pick Favorites

Fr. Craig Hightower this morning told the Gonzaga University basketball team and assembled reporters at a press conference that "God only desires that we use our God-given abilities to the glory of the Lord. In other words, he doesn’t pick favorites – even in the 'Big Dance.' "

However, the Jesuits like to win when they play sports.  I've always said that they have God on their side which doesn't hurt.

Has God smiled upon on my bracket choices?  So far, I've been way wrong --not picking either Richmond or Morehead St. in the Southwest bracket, or Butler in the Southeast.  I'm in good company--President Obama also picked Louisville to beat Morehead St.  At this writing Gonzaga is beating Saint John's (at the half) so I could go down in flames on that pick because I favored Saint John's rather than hometown darlings Gonzaga.  (Sorry Fr. Hightower and David Stockton.)

In the East, I was right about Kentucky (though just barely, Princeton nearly won--which surprises me because the gentlemen from Kentucky are beastly!).  Right about Temple too.

The family bracket has alot of ties right now.  Last I checked, Grandma Beverly was winning.  She's a pretty and smart bracketologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment